Friday, January 8, 2010

I belong here...

Exactly at 12 on the New Year’s night I saw firecrackers bursting all over the sky as I travelled back to my home by train. That night the city looked beautiful.

Hmnn...Wait...I am not talking about Mumbai here but about the city of Navi Mumbai!

Since I shifted to Panvel it’s been my routine to take a bus to college in the morning and come back home by the train. I do this just to enjoy the different routes and views of the city in one day itself. Almost every day I wait to see the small wooden boat lying alone on the shore of the backwaters before Kharghar. The cranes, white as milk, fly all over the water every time I happen to see them. The mountains around this city give me strength and the citizens give me hope.

This is the city which allowed me to walk from Sector 4 Nerul to the seawoods station enjoying the lake and the sunset. It was one hour walking but tireless. In this place only I was able to just walk into an ice-cream shop, select my flavour and enjoy every bit of it while walking down to Kharghar station.

I made some of my best friends here. This is the city which taught me struggle, importance of freedom and how to share relationships with people. Few days before I was in an emotional turmoil but the city’s calmness brought me out. My poetry, my writing took birth here. I see tremendous change in me throughout the course of three years but this city hasn’t changed. Kharghar is still as beautiful as it was. Panvel is still as dirty as it was...(i am already used to it) and Vashi still as corporate as it was!

Its like “every day is a new day”, shouts Navi Mumbai at me. “Take life as it is...face it... face it” it keeps me on a roll!

So much is written about the great city of Mumbai everyday but I hardly find anybody talking and writing about this lovely city. So this blog is dedicated to the city of Navi Mumbai and all the Navi Mumbaikars who made me feel at home.

If I ever become successful and have money bundles of money in my bank account, I will buy a house here in this city. I would slip into a comfortable chair in my balcony and go on writing and writing endlessly while sipping my favourite Chai and I am pretty sure that beautiful sunset will give me company!

Ahh...I don’t know why it took me three years to express my love for this city. Today i happily declare myself as Navi Mumbaikar... (Thank god my mother doesn’t read my blog!)

Well, Better late than never...

2 comments:

  1. Its all about perspectives... The way you saw Navi Mumbai is a great thing... I see people talking of Real Estate Booms and New Airports, etc.. Never once has there been a heartfelt chat or article on the beauty of Kharghar or the cosmopolitan still Indian look of Navi Mumbai... I think it takes one to be a true NAVI MUMBAIKAR to write something like this... (PUNEKAR tumhala Navi Mumbai chya saundaryani ani ikadchyaa vastune baatla bara ka)

    ReplyDelete
  2. khuNaawat astil unchach unch buildings tula
    te osaad dongar pahun shakti milat'hee asel tula!
    Akkhi 'Navi' Mumbai pan chahacha ghot gheil tujhya barobar
    samudra pan sunset paahil tujhya samanjas najre- barobar!
    LekhaNicha utsaah pan yet asel uchambaLun
    jashya khadakaawar Laata adaLavya uphaaLun!
    Kadhitari kayamchi 'Mumbaikar' hoshil pan tu kadachit
    Mahitiye mala, tya goodluck'chya chaha'chi athwan sataawel tula avachit!

    ReplyDelete